Orthodox Christmas Not everybody in the world celebrates Christmas on the 25th of December. The most notable exceptions are the Orthodox churches of Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Macedonia, Moldovia, Montenegro and Serbia, along with the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria and the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Merry Christmas to all those who are celebrating today.
My New Year’s Resolutions For Writers
Since Christmas is finally coming to an end and the chilling cold weather of January is about to descend on us, perhaps it is time for all dedicated writers to snuggle up next to the fire and start putting pen to paper. We may be glad we did, when winter turns to spring and our literary endeavors are rewarded with publication credits and movie rights……… Just dreaming, but here are my ten resolutions anyway.
1. Post more often at Yeyeright (This resolution probably won’t last through the month of January, but it’s worth a try anyway)
2. Say Good-bye to the content market (presently, I have content available at Demand Studios, Hub Pages, Associated Content and Helium. Although I now receive only monthly royalties, Demand Studios has been the only one that was worthwhile, and even that was close to marginal)
3. Attend at least one writers conference (Several years ago I attended the Grub Street conference in Boston and I enjoyed it very much. I think it’s about time I try another conference)
4. Finish my uncompleted novel (It’s been uncompleted for several years)
5. Finish my uncompleted screenplay (Screenplays are much easier to finish than a novel, but very difficult to sell. Actually, this is the one resolution I might skip.)
6. Party more (This might be the most important resolution for any writer, no matter what his or her genre may be)
7. Join a writer’s group maybe ????????(I have never been much on writer’s groups and don’t think 2013 will change that.)
8. Travel to Europe (I have been there twice already. Another visit may be in order.)
9. Submit ideas, articles and short fiction to more markets.
10. Sleep-in more often (This resolution goes hand-in-hand with resolution #6)
So there you go with my New Year’s Resolutions. Let me know what resolutions you intend to make and actually keep.
Help Yeyeright Keep His New Year Resolutions