Robin Williams, who was on occasion referred to, as the funniest man in the world, died this week, apparently by his own hand. During his acting career, Williams starred in many movies, along with his debut TV role as that lovable alien Mork, in Mork and Mindy. Though Williams has never received an Oscar for Best Actor, at the time of his death he was considered one of the top comedians and actors of his time (please note: as there is still one more Robin Williams film to be released) it is still possible Mr. Williams may receive his much desired Best Actor Oscar.
Sir Robin In His Own Words
1. “People say satire is dead. It’s not dead; it’s alive and living in the White House.”
2. “Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?”
3. “Do you think God gets stoned? I think so … look at the platypus.”
4. “When in doubt, go for the dick joke.”
5. “I love kids, but they are a tough audience.”
6. “The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying, ‘Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.’ She’s got a baseball bat and yelling, ‘You want a piece of me?”
7. “If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?”
8. “I’m looking for Miss Right….or at least Miss Right Now.”
9. “You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.”
10. “I just want to know one thing. Are your kids well-behaved? Or do they need like, a few light slams every now and then?” – Daniel Hillard/ Mrs. Doubtfire, Mrs. Doubtfire “
11. “In Hollywood people are nice to you just in the first week after the [Academy Award] ceremony. Then they are like, ‘Oh, you just won an Oscar, right?’ Three weeks after the big party people are already thinking about the next year’s Oscars. Life goes on. Winning an Oscar is an honor, but, between you and me, it does not makes things easier.”
Ten Best Reasons for Being an Episcopalian by Robin Williams
10. No snake handling.
9. You can believe in dinosaurs.
8. Male and female God created them; male and female we ordain them.
7. You don’t have to check your brains at the door.
6. Pew aerobics.
5. Church year is color-coded.
4. Free wine on Sunday.
3. All of the pageantry – none of the guilt.
2. You don’t have to know how to swim to get baptized.
And the Number One reason to be an Episcopalian:
1. No matter what you believe, there’s bound to be at least one other Episcopalian who agrees with you.