Hope you enjoy this image of a rainbow and the two street performers.
Some Words of Wisdom (maybe?)
The following words of wisdom (and not so astute words of wisdom) come from a variety of sources. Nonetheless, all these selections of words were uttered by various entities with one thing in common; they were all named Donald. Some of these Donalds are real, while others are just the mere creations of writers. As you browse through these quotes, keep in mind how we, as a society, sometimes delegate our most poignant comments to the strange realm of fictional characters.
1. “There are known knowns. There are known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns.” by Donald Rumsfeld.
2. “I’m not a schmuck. Even if the world goes to hell in a handbasket, I won’t lose a penny.” by Donald Trump
3. “At my age you sort of fart your way into a role.” by Donald Sutherland
4. “Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.” by Donald Trump
5. “Death has a tendency to encourage a depressing view of war.” by Donald Rumsfeld
6. “You know the funny thing, I don’t get along with rich people. I get along with the middle class and the poor people better than I get along with the rich people.” by Donald Trump
7. “I don’t care if you think I’m abnormal, strange, weird, crazy, insane, odd & bizarre. Life is too short to be normal….” by Donald Duck
8. “I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started.” by Donald Rumsfeld
9. “I advise you don’t mess with me, I know karate, kung fu, judo, tae kwon du, jujitsu and 28 other dangerous words,” by Donald Duck
10. “But no, I love acting, it’s a wonderful job.” by Donald Sutherford
11. “I watch people and wonder how some of them found their way out of the birth canal.” by Donald Duck
12. “I had a kind of meandering little career, and then I was given a chance to play one of the bottom six in The Dirty Dozen.” by Donald Sutherland
13. “Don’t get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.” by Donald Duck
14. “Oh come off it, MAJOR! You put me right off my fresh fried lobster, do you realize that? I’m now going to go back to my bed, I’m going to put away the best part of a bottle of scotch… And under normal circumstances, you being normally what I would call a very attractive woman, I would have invited you back to share my little bed with me you might possibly have come. But you really put me off. I mean you… You’re what we call a regular army clown.” by Hawkeye Pierce as played by Donald Sutherland from M.A.S.H. the movie
15. “It is unknowable how long that conflict [the war in Iraq] will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months.” Donald Rumsfeld in Feb. 2003